International and European Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
Holders of foreign qualifications can be accepted to the state-funded study places in Lithuanian higher education institutions or claim for scholarships in accordance with the procedures established by the applicable legislation in cases when:
- They are citizens of the Republic of Lithuania or other member countries of the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA);
- They are non-EU and non-EEA nationals granted a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or they are stateless persons;
- They are Lithuanian nationals residing abroad, who reside or have resided abroad.
Foreign nationals and stateless persons who do not meet the required criteria are accepted to study at higher education institutions with their own funds by taking part in the competition.
The procedures for the competition to the state-funded study places for foreign qualification holders are approved by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania No. V-932 “On the approval of the description of the procedures for the competition of foreign qualification holders to the state-funded study places” of 19 June 2020 (https://www.e-tar.lt/portal/lt/legalAct/3a74d240d31411e68d79c2033f194657).
Holders of European Baccalaureate or International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma willing to study at Lithuanian higher education institutions must:
- Contact the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (SKVC) (SKVC contacts: A. Goštauto g. 12, Vilnius, phone +370 5 210 4772, e-mail email@example.com);
- Pass the Lithuanian language test (if selected studies are conducted in Lithuanian and if the person has no proven record of language knowledge issued by competent authority);
- Complete the online application.
- Pass the entrance examinations (if required for selected study programmes);
- Enclose to your application the copies of document before deadline.
European Baccalaureate Diploma Holders
The applicant has to contact the SKVC regarding grades conversion and evaluation of study subjects. Academic recognition of the European Baccalaureate is not required.
According to the Convention defining the Statute of the European Schools, ratified by the Republic of Lithuania in 2004, the holders of the European Baccalaureate are entitled to seek admission to any university in the territory of any Member State on the same terms as nationals of that Member State with equivalent qualifications.
For more information on the European Baccalaureate please visit the official webpage of SKVC.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Holders
The applicant has to contact the SKVC regarding the academic recognition of International Baccalaureate. Grades conversion and evaluation of study subjects are not required.
The equivalents of study subjects and grades of International Baccalaureate are determined by the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania No. V-932 “On the approval of the description of the procedures for the competition of foreign qualification holders to the state-funded study places” of 19 June 2020 (https://www.e-tar.lt/portal/lt/legalAct/3a74d240d31411e68d79c2033f19465). The equivalents of study subjects and grades are determined by the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions (LAMA BPO).